black lady decides to put mamoru under her command and “make him hers”
a lot of people interpret this as incestual and while i do dig the black lady/mamoru ship (not for any Deep And Special Reasons i just think black lady’s a babe)
it mostly seems to stem from the fact that, well…chibiusa never has time with her parents??? they are both pretty distant figures in her life, but she seems to be a little closer to her father than she is her mother. which is understandable! since neo-queen serenity has lots of duties now
and when she went back to the past it’s really obvious that usagi is NOTHING like what chibiusa knows as Her Mother (and the anime doesnt really state this—in fact, they play up the fact that serenity is still really childish and doesn’t write in kanji and all of that) and yet…mamoru is still somewhat closer to her father in terms of how he acts and how he cares for her and he’s more available to her than endymion is (mamoru doesn’t have to shoulder the burdens of running a kingdom just yet)
so of course she’s going to love the attention! it’s like she gets actual quality time with her dad
and it’s only natural that when she’s in this form she still claims herself as part of the silver millennium lineage but she totally is down 2 makeout with endymion and i dunno i dont really connect chibiusa and black lady as the same character??? when she’s under the influence of the black moon she’s more Mature and Dark and it’s obvious she’s not under her own control but part of her just wants to make usagi hurt like you’re my mom from the future and you never spend time with me youre always either doing queen things or stuff with Dad and what if i just come from the future and steal dad away!!! what are you gonna do now huh huh!!!!!!!!
i dunno where im going with this but i love black lady a lot, dang
Usagi, don’t you understand why he fawns over Chibiusa so much? It’s because Chibiusa is his child with you, Usagi. That’s what he’s thinking about—he’s watching after her so that you are free to do what you want, Usagi. …As long as we’re here for you, you can put your faith in us. And he knows that. He doesn’t want you to have to worry, since he is going to protect Chibiusa as fiercely as possible, all because she is your child.
dang, i have so many feelings about this
i mean usagi is still really young? she’s just gotten a new boyfriend (who is also the love she’s been separated from for a thousand years) and i mean it’s really understandable why she’d feel so angry about mamoru wanting to spend so much time on chibiusa but then
makoto says this and
bless you makoto, i love you so much
hello please read this entire photoset and you will soon realize why i have so many feelings about chibiusa tsukino (and also her friendship with sailorpluto)
i really love the fact that mamoru sort of…recognizes his cheesiness and doubts himself??? he’s not exactly The Big Prince who will come rescue his lady
if anything he just feels useless since usagi already has four protectors who are great at their jobs so….yeah
and i love the fact that overall, his powers are very emotion-based or very internally powered and while he has one attack that’s really great and physical a lot of what he does is healing and feeling the earth and just being The Big Goopy Dad
it’s so great ugh ugh ugh ; u ;
i have A LOT OF FEELS ABOUT THIS ARC RIGHT NOW so i’m gonna jump around a bit and start on act 20
- usagi and mamoru blushing when they learn chibiusa is their daughter is just REALLY SUPER CUTE
- chibiusa’s formal introduction is FANTASTIC AND AMAZING AND GOSH GOSH GOOD
- but i still canNOT GET OVER THOSE BLUSHINGS
this whole sequence is fantastic and deserves to be posted in its entirety
some bullet points
- usagi is pretty justified in being suspicious of chibiusa, but i love the way mamoru handles the whole situation. while she’s more concerned with Senshi Matters, he’s more concerned with the girl herself and how she’s doing? basically, where usagi fails to see the whole picture, he covers for her. and that kind of relationship where they one fills in for the others’ flaws here and there to make a coherent, working whole just FILLS MY HEART WITH SO MUCH LOVE, AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
- i also love the fact that the Moon Kingdom stories and flashbacks don’t always just fall on usagi? every main character involved in this story has moments like this and they are so GOOD. i dunno, it’s just nice and very balanced??? that everyone has moments like this and i like it a lot *_*
- it’s understandable that chibiusa acts the way she does. she’s a princess!! she is used to being treated as such and getting what she wants and she’s most likely the youngest in her circle of friends/guardians. and also she’s in a strange place now! she’s scared and alone and even though she seems like she’s there for one thing (and she’s determined to get it!) she’s still a little girl. it’s natural for her to be a little bratty because everything is different!
- I WILL NEVER GET OVER CHIBIUSA HYPNOTIZING THE TSUKINO FAMILY (AND ALSO UMINO, WHOSE EYES DONT EVEN HAVE TO CHANGE THEY ARE ALWAYS SWIRLY, GOD BLESS)
also let’s take some time to appreciate how mamoru just lifts chibiusa up and then puts her down, god bless
basically upon finding out that usagi is the usagi tsukino who has the silver crystal, chibiusa whips out a gun and threatens usagi with it
the gun isn’t real
usagi faints anyway
My name is Usagi, and just who the heck are you? Why do you have the same bun hairstyle as me, copycat?
WHAT A GOOD DAUGHTER, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH CHIBIUSA